Glucocorticoid receptor gene methylation and HPA-axis regulation in adolescents. The TRAILS study
- We investigated the association between HPA-axis regulation and NR3C1 methylation.
- HPA-axis regulation was operationalized as stress response activation and recovery.
- NR3C1 methylation was not associated with activation of the stress response.
- NR3C1 methylation was associated with a slower recovery of the stress response.
- NR3C1 methylation possibly impairs negative feedback of the HPA-axis.